Jelly Games thanks its players for the 10+ years of good times - gone from Renegade, but never forgotten

Photo
- - - - -

*** J-Tips ***

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

TD

TD

HNIC

• Jelly Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3935 posts
Because there is and always will be noobs in the servers who do not know the Renegade basics for public servers, I decided to make this post so the regulars in this community can contribute with their tips and tricks.

Whether it's about teamplay, locking vehicles or basic 'tactics' that apply on most maps, doesn't matter. We have four servers, and I want to put these short tips in the message that appear during gameplay. They will also appear faster than before.

All the servers will have some tips in common, but the regulars in Marathon have tactics/tricks that are not used in J1, and vica versa. I would like to ask you guys to post server specific (or just general) tips here, and I will pick some out.

I might post some precise differences between the servers soon, but J1 and J2 are the bigger servers with a timelimit, marathon is a big server without a timelimit, mini is a smaller version of J1 and J2.

Keep them comin', guys! Let's help the new players out instead of yelling at them for doing something wrong that they never learned. Remember, it's not a strategy guide, just short but useful tips!

loulou12

loulou12

J2 n00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1401 posts
When you drive a tank, get at least an engi

ssiscool

ssiscool

Jelly Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
Remember to lock your tanks when you get in them (!lock) this will prevent team mates from stealing them

Listen to the mods. That way you won't get kicked.

Have fun. Remember it's a game.

TD

TD

HNIC

• Jelly Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3935 posts
Some tips me, asylum and T0RN made up when I came up with the idea.

- Team communication is the key to winning!

- Don't nuke if you don't have a reliable cover, you will only give GDI free points, and this could upset your team in close games.

- Keep track of the number of proximity mines used by typing !c4. Let one person do the mining.

- When you have plenty of money, donate evenly to the people that are low on funds, and are walking around with basic infantry.

- Repairing tanks is much more important and effective than repairing characters.

- Remember, Technicians and Hotwires repair twice as fast and have a longer range than the engineer.

- Please !lock your vehicles in F3 chat as soon as you buy them, if you want to prevent it being stolen.

orca234

orca234

Jelly Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationNorthamptonshire, United Kingdom
-Try to stay in your vehicles when not in base to prevent the other team from stealing them [locking your vehicle will not stop this from happening].

ssiscool

ssiscool

Jelly Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
Why not do the following.

Put Message of the day as something along the lines of

Quote:

We are trying out some automated tips. Please give your opinions and or suggestions of these on our forums (address)

Then just use the one's we got so far to see what the reception is like. Not everyone who plays on the servers come here.

Then if the general opinion is good add/edit them.

TD

TD

HNIC

• Jelly Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3935 posts

Why not do the following.

Put Message of the day as something along the lines of

Quote:

We are trying out some automated tips. Please give your opinions and or suggestions of these on our forums (address)

Then just use the one's we got so far to see what the reception is like. Not everyone who plays on the servers come here.

Then if the general opinion is good add/edit them.

Yeah, I will also add a message "Got a useful tip to add in these messages? Post them on the Forums in the Jelly AOW1 section!"

That's a good idea, thanks.

ssiscool

ssiscool

Jelly Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
No problem.

r3surr3ct|x|

r3surr3ct|x|

Bitch Please!

• Former Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2016 posts
  • LocationEngland - Chesterfield
This are just a few ideas for mini[Aow] but could be used for other channels as well i suppose.

- Please do NOT spam beacons, this is very annoying and it makes it harder to locate the opposing sides beacon!

- Please do NOT place beacons in the tunnels, Field only!

- If your going Afk for whatever reason, Please leave the game and give others a chance to play, Especially if the servers near its player limit.

- Hill camping can be annoying, But gives the opposing team a great advantage.

- If your not sure of some of the rules ask an in game Moderator or visit www.jelly-server.com for a full list.

- Grey Crates can give your team a great advantage, Especially at the start of the game.

tellsson

tellsson

sneaky Bastard

• Jelly Legends
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1963 posts
  • LocationMelmac
watch my videos on youtube to see some ingame-tricks, and how teamwork works. youtube channel: 1b2en images/smiley_icons/icon_wink.gif

dont destroy empty enemy tanks!! take them and hide them in the own base to waste theyr vehicle limit.

if you rush a building, use remotes first. throw it, and blow it up, dont wait for the building kill.

(i saw so much wasted rushes with 4 engies/hotties, where every1 wouldnt blow up the remotes coz buildingkill-horny. every one did w8 for the "right" moment. and boom, they died.)

if a soldier and an engie is in an enemy building, the engie should move close to his remotes and blow them up. he dies, but the soldier can take the remotes (weapon-drop) and use it also.

if an sbh throw a timed on you, enter a well teched med-tank. if the c4 blow up, it will take damage from the tank, and you stay alive.

if your team destroy the enemy harvester, then make an apc rush.

dont buy mrls or arties first. buy apc`s and rush. "speed is the key to success"

listen to the regulars and mods.

(i think i should make some "how to do" videos)

greetz telly ^^

Gr8mofo1

Gr8mofo1

Jelly Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts
Here is the best tip of all. If you ever get so fortunate as to have me join your team stfu and listen to me. I will lead you to victory...

thanks

Roni

asylum309

asylum309

Jelly Senior

• Inactive Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts
aim at all vehicles to see whether or not they are friendly

and

keep track of enemy thefts, know what tank they steal and be on the lookout

dad601

dad601

Jelly Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
If you have the creds, donate to new joiners... especially if it is dad.

Prulez

Prulez

You know there's a flap of pant that covers the zipper?

• Former Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7127 posts
  • LocationA place where aoll yourr crops harvets wel

If you have the creds, donate to new joiners... especially if it is your mother, you don't want her to put poison in your dinner.

Fix'd.

dad601

dad601

Jelly Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
You can press the end key to see the mine limit.

tellsson

tellsson

sneaky Bastard

• Jelly Legends
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1963 posts
  • LocationMelmac

You can press the end key to see the mine limit.

if you use core patch2.

jubei716

jubei716

Jelly Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts
You can pick up stealth units by shooting at them.

Also by the fact the hitbox from a friendly unit will disappear over them.

=D

TD

TD

HNIC

• Jelly Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3935 posts

You can pick up stealth units by shooting at them.

Also by the fact the hitbox from a friendly unit will disappear over them.

=D

I think the second one is too advanced, I'd rather go with basics that many still don't know.

@tellsson, besides CP2, you can also use the small keys.cfg file, along with the scripts 3.4.4 (older ones work too), to get it to work.

masterkna

masterkna

FAKE AFK and General pain in the ass

• Former Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3649 posts
  • LocationNew York

This

- Please do NOT place beacons in the tunnels, Field only!

this does not apply to marathon though, so it would have to be server specific.

TD

TD

HNIC

• Jelly Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3935 posts
That's more of a rule too, instead of a tip. Tips will be up in the servers in a few moments.

TD

TD

HNIC

• Jelly Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3935 posts
The 4 servers now have (almost) the same messages and the tips. Messages appear every 2.5 minutes. Thanks for your contribution guys. If you got more ideas, just post. I'll check regularly and update the messages. This will be a sticky now.

tellsson

tellsson

sneaky Bastard

• Jelly Legends
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1963 posts
  • LocationMelmac
btw...

gj td

greetz telly ^^

Joetorp

Joetorp

Oldest Member

• Former Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1520 posts
  • LocationNew York
Mods are busy, if you need to complain about someone, contact him/her by PM to get their attention.

Always check mine limit before mining.

Joe

y2knemo69

y2knemo69

Jelly Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationSARRRFEND
if you have never flew a plane use space to go up and c to go down

f00lish1

f00lish1

J2 promoter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2750 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco
I personally dont like it when ppl lock their vehicles, because it stops team mates from saving ur vehicle from theft and just creates a mess, it also can hinder teamwork, especialy in the hands of a noob, plus u can always lock really quickly after someone tries to steal it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users