Jelly Games thanks its players for the 10+ years of good times - gone from Renegade, but never forgotten

Photo

In Depth Information - GDI

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

lazy5686

lazy5686

The Scruffy one

• Senior Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5919 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

The Global Defense Initiative sports gold/yellow coloured uniforms. GDI tactics tend to consist of steamrolling the enemy with lots of heavy armor.

Buildings

Spoiler

NQ9ejFi.gif
R.I.P Nick "spoonplex" Richards we will never forget you.

The Scruffy, Canada(ian) with Vuvuzelas.

HaTeRs

HaTeRs

Jelly Commando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2148 posts
http://www.renegadew...Character_Stats
http://www.renegadew...I_Vehicle_Stats
http://www.renegadew...ngs_in_Renegade
How to properly win as GDI on City/Fly vs Jelly:

BeerBaron

BeerBaron

Jelly Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationColorado

When using a MRLS, fire with secondary and FOLLOW the target, do NOT lead it. This will allow the missiles to lock to the target.

Mine is the only country to have ever used nuclear weapons in anger. Show some respect.

HaTeRs

HaTeRs

Jelly Commando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2148 posts
Secondary firing and primary firing are the exact same on the mrls post 4.0. Anyway, when you're aiming at a tank, aim just under the turret. Targeting that bone will give you the best 6-lock chance. Again, its all just a chance on whether they lock or not, but that bone gives the best chance since it is the center of the vehicle.

liquidv2

liquidv2

The Historian

• End Game Organizers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17081 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

i like your signature HaTe

it doesn't matter who you're facing if you're able to kill the harv and save your own as GDI - if you properly storm the base with vehicles before the enemy can then you win

i've seen the same happen on Volcano, where a Nod team killed the GDI harv and saved its own - Nod bought a ton of light tanks and occupied the GDI base, and GDI couldn't get a vehicle and lost in the same manner

14l2aa1.jpg

HaTeRs

HaTeRs

Jelly Commando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2148 posts
It's about the first 2 harvesters. That second one is so often overlooked by a team who wants to APC rush immediately after their first harv dump. Rush the next harv with engies and then get meds/arts techs instead. Don't try to APC rush to end the game fast as it's risky and is usually an all or nothing plan for GDI. Kill the first harvester, keeep yours alive, then go and kill the second one. At that point, it's instant siege and slowly rush into the base time. We executed it absolutely perfectly in that commwar.

liquidv2

liquidv2

The Historian

• End Game Organizers
  • 17081 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

that you did - we had no eyes on the field and thus had no idea there were meds incoming; we would have teched some arties up by the airstrip building otherwise

without watching the video, i believe i was there with a light tank when everything showed up, but no one else had bought anything yet - gg

you can also APC rush the second harv to ensure its demise - not all APCs have to be used in desperate building attempts, as most people have come to believe

14l2aa1.jpg

HaTeRs

HaTeRs

Jelly Commando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2148 posts
Unless a team has over 12 players, I'd rather them get meds with 1 orca and 3 hotwires. In a 12 person a-side game, 7 meds, 1 orca, 3 hotwires, and 1 camping hotwire with either an orca when the money comes in. That is, assuming the enemy's first 2 harvesters were killed and theirs was saved. All you need is 2 engineers to kill theirs (2 engineers and 1 soldier rush it - the engineers rep the soldier until in range with pistol), and nod normally does not even bother trying to protect theirs on city/fly. Out of the 9 players remaining, 7 should be soldiers defending the harvester, and 2 should be engineers repairing the soldiers and the harvester if it takes any damage. AGT spawn (or front bar/front WF) spawned player runs out and looks for crate first immediately.

That's basically the rundown of how to easily win city_fly 12v12 as GDI. You really don't even need to necessarily have the better gunfighters to win if you do that. Though, as Nod, you guys definitely should have/could have played it better too.

liquidv2

liquidv2

The Historian

• End Game Organizers
  • 17081 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

if someone can get an Orca in the early game, it should be the first vehicle out there

what you guys did was exactly the right move - i believe we were saving up for light tanks or were just able to start purchasing arties, but the team might have been trying to destroy the third harvester when the shit hit the fan

without watching the video, i can't remember if we (Jelly) tried hitting the harv from the bridge - i vaguely remember going for it but it not working because no one else came up with me

our only chance to defend against that would have been like 5 teched arties turtled as hard as possible in the base, but we didn't have the time nor the warning

i actually recall saying "We need to get arties at the PP side now" when i saw all the shit coming, but it was far too late

14l2aa1.jpg

BeerBaron

BeerBaron

Jelly Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationColorado

Hotwire's ass looks better when using a repair gun than Sakura's using a nubjet.

Mine is the only country to have ever used nuclear weapons in anger. Show some respect.

ehh

ehh

crush is a huge faggot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4374 posts
jelly must suck ass at city fly, thats 3 losses on city fly that i know of :<
Posted Image

liquidv2

liquidv2

The Historian

• End Game Organizers
  • 17081 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Exodus beat Jelly on City_Flying because it was basically 30 vs 30 or some huge number, and all of their extra players grabbed ramjets and sniped the tanks for points

overall Jelly controlled the field better and would have won by thousands had the pointmod been used, but that's one instance where Jelly lost City_Fly

another was the Spoony-led RenForums team stuffing both Jelly harvesters and saving their own, which allowed them to swamp the Nod base with meds and take the PP out early on - excellent play on their part

there was also the series against n00bstories where NLsRene won the game for them by headshotting every Jelly Hotwire and never being found all game

had that guy not played it likely would have ended in base destruction with a Jelly victory - no joke

14l2aa1.jpg

ehh

ehh

crush is a huge faggot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4374 posts
nls so good

rf beat you guys twice iirc, same memo just killed the air instead.
Posted Image

HaTeRs

HaTeRs

Jelly Commando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2148 posts
You're right, you definitely should have had more people rushing the bridge to jump off of it and attack the GDI harvester. Having nobody or just you do it was the biggest mistake. Even just having that done provides a distraction that separates the GDI team, even if it fails. If no GDI go to the bridge (which I believe was the case), then you could also just wait and throw your c4s from there. Either way, there should have been 4-5 of you going bridge. Early game is the most important, especially on City/fly. We got the orca thanks to a 200 credit crate (which only a few maps spawn the possibility for iirc). Once you guys saw the meds coming (granted, if none of the your players called us out in field - that was their own stupidity), you should have grabbed techs. Screw waiting for light tanks at that point. We had 6 meds. 5 techs can almost entirely out-repair 6 meds (the meds would do 6 damage per 1.5 seconds in that case...), so you should have had like 3 techs in each building, and the rest trying to kill the meds. I'm not saying it would've worked, but the possibility of it working is much higher than what you guys did do. This is in hindsight of course, but the point still stands.

liquidv2

liquidv2

The Historian

• End Game Organizers
  • 17081 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

i'm well aware that we could have survived the situation, but as you said it's all retrospect

there wasn't enough coordination on our side (thus no one going bridge with me to hit the harv, and no one else being ready when the meds came)

i'm only one man!

14l2aa1.jpg

HaTeRs

HaTeRs

Jelly Commando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2148 posts
Spoony is only 1 man and he led us pretty well in most of our games. He was a wonderful strategist; but not the best tactician. Meaning early game his plans were usually spot on, but mid-game thinking on his feet was oftentimes skeptical from my point of view. Either way, he was definitive with his coordination, which is always something a good leader hopes to be able to possess and maintain (coming from a manager in training). If you look at our match vs you on Walls, we killed your nod harvester by placing 4 timed c4s within milliseconds of each other, not giving you guys the opportunity to repair it in time. Perfectly planned, and well executed (with a little bit of luck that the crate had spawned there too).

teksonix

teksonix

Jelly Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
Embarrassed to have to ask this, but how do you tell what shape the enemy's base is in structure wise...or can you? Do you have to see for yourself first hand by going there?

ehh

ehh

crush is a huge faggot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4374 posts
press k
Posted Image

teksonix

teksonix

Jelly Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
Ah. Battle Information was blank for some reason, I mapped it as K. Thanks.

Anant

Anant

Music God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2415 posts
  • LocationCanada, Van city

Also, if you press and hold J, it will pop up the display for your current team only.

I find this to be helpful in defensive scenarios. 

Anant.png
siggysoofunny.jpg
lmaoroco.jpgGame2009-04-1023-29-55-92.jpg

Rest in peace Spoonplex, we love you.
Nick, Neil, Erick, never forgotten. <3 

teksonix

teksonix

Jelly Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
What's the command for messaging other teammates? Did you list that in the Commands section?

masscarriers

masscarriers

Jelly Member

• Half Moderators
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Team chat is F3, while F2 is to everyone.

Also, if you press and hold J, it will pop up the display for your current team only.

I find this to be helpful in defensive scenarios. 

Also useful to brag how half your team is SBHs on base defense maps

BeerBaron

BeerBaron

Jelly Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationColorado

What's the command for messaging other teammates? Did you list that in the Commands section?

You dont know hotkeys yet think to dictate tactics to those that do?(that harv block topic) Do yourself a favor and memorize all the radio commands by holding ctrl and/or alt, that way you can adequately communicate to the team that your useless.

Alt+2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users